Things that last the test of time...

...and that I find myself writing about more regularly than I ever thought I would.  Plus I find myself being drawn to them as my go to outfit.  You know those days when you don't really know what to wear and need a "perfect" outfit.  Well, one of these will save your outfit bacon. 

The silk blouse (or shirt - semantics?).

They have the ability to transform a generic pair of jeans into something immediately much smarter.  But at the same time, can be dressed down with simply any sorts of bottoms.  Not forgetting dungarees... skirts, culottes, jeans, cargo trousers, even skinnies, these work.  I promise.  Throw on trainers and a blazer or biker and you're good to go. 

Where in warmer weather, I would probably wear a t-shirt, these will become your A/W staple if you give them a go.  I never knew how useful they were till I owned a couple of them.

I know you're supposed to probably dry clean most of them but all of mine survive a hand wash in the washing machine. 

Going to start with my favourites that I wear and wear and wear and wear.  I haven't even attempted to reinvent any form of style wheel with regards to colour or frills - I like them basic, classic - the perfect blank canvas.

These seem insanely expensive but cost per wear (YAWN I know but to hell with that as it works) these make sense.  Especially when you think that you can remove the scarf so they're essentially two totally different blouses.  Oh and you can tie the scarf in a bow or have it as a v neck blouse with a lower tie so, one could argue, you're getting three blouses.  It's also totally crease proof as well as being machine washable.  I think my work here is done.

Lauren Silk Blouse & Bow Set £195   This is the cream, it also comes in black which I have.  And I would LOVE the navy, but it's out of stock at the minute.  I am going to find if they're coming back in.



Plainer v neck now.

Jaeger Silk Pleated V Neck Blouse in Neutral was £125 now £60





Classic Cream in the sale at hush (limited sizes). I have this in black and can confirm how amazing it is. 


Cecilia Silk Shirt was £99 now £70



Shorter sleeves in a shirt style at M&S.

Pure Silk 3/4 Sleeve Shirt from Autograph £69





Then my favourite black. 

Stretch Silk Satin Shirt from DKNY at The Outnet was £210 now £98.70




Pussy bow a plenty at JBrand.

Delorna Pussy Bow Silk Blouse was £215 now £98.90





Apparently this is orange.  RED.  This is red.

Whistles Erin Tie Silk Blouse was £130 now £65



And there's always navy.  This is divine from hush.  And I'm probably not supposed to say this but I always hand wash my hush silk and it comes out looking good as new.  I didn't tell you that though...

Textured Silk Top from hush £129



Navy again at APC. 

Plisse-silk blouse from APC in midnight was £180 now £99



Oversized Sash Blouse by Boutique at Topshop £55



 

In pale pink at Autograph as above and again £69.  This looks amazing with denim.  Would also look fabulous with red or fuchsia.




For me - it's definitely black or cream that I can't get enough of and wear on repeat. 

Today - here I am in the Winser one without the bow.



Untitled

Black Lauren Blouse - Winser London
Khaki Utility Trousers - Current/Elliott
Velvet Jacket - Zara
Iconic sunglasses - Victoria Beckham
Earrings - Atterley Road
Belt - Weekday at ASOS
Boots - Isabel Marant
Tools bag - Balenciaga

I shall be back tomorrow and I'm warning you now - I'm back on a dress hunt.  Not to mention boots.  We've done trainers, bring on the every day ankle boots.


Share this:

CONVERSATION

10 comentarios:

  1. I so agree, cost per wear is next to nothing! I am so into silk blouses and shirts! I have patterned, and plain, short sleeved, long sleeved and 3/4 sleeves, t-shirt style and I love them all! My favourite are by dead kudibal (and I have my eye on another one), they are in a stretch silk and they don't crease! I wear them all the time with jeans or smarter trousers and sneakers. They go with everything!
    Yes Kat, you are preaching to the converted!
    (Am on a work trip right now, and all the tops I packed are silk: comfy, smart, day to night. What more could a girl ask for?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That should have read 'dea kudibal'!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still none the wiser here! Will have to look it up x

      Delete
  3. Be still my beating heart.

    I thought I had enough silky blousy/shirty things, but that whole APC outfit is sooooo nice (maybe different shoes - apart from sneakers, white shoes feel dodgy 1970s lounge lizard on me and not in a good way). Your outfit is on point today, too - gorge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every part of me wants your Winder London blouse and I have been drooling over it ever since you first mentioned it on here. However, I'm not sure that it would work out well cost per wear with me because no matter how much I love any tops I never wear them a lot because I get bored of them. And whilst I might have it forever and then wearing it even 3 or 4 times a year would be fine, I might not. And I could definitely spend £200 on loads of other things... Mind you, I'd definitely have given in by now if I could choose which colour :D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally get what you mean.. do you think that if you wore it with the scarf and without it would work as two different tops? That's how i get my wear out of them!

      Delete
  5. Hi Kat, is your Zara jacket pretty orange? Or is it the lighting? (It also looks more orange online) I bought one and it's def more of a 'brick' colour and I'm wondering whether I might send back (maybe there's slight differentiation in each one). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm well this was the subject of debate last week.. burnt orange?!!!!

      Delete