How can it be so hard...

...to find a plain cream top.  Or shall we say "plainish".  Neutral, I think that's what I'm looking for. 

So where has this come from?  Well, it always comes from somewhere, doesn't it.  And this is from a trying on session I had in Zara the other day. 

This is the top I tried - with this skirt (which I LOVE - I have SKIRTS SKIRTS AND MORE SKIRTS coming imminently).  The top was rubbish.  



But what sort of tops do you wear with these skirts...I have kissed a lot of frogs recently, if you've been watching on Instastories.  But I have to come to realise that something that's hard to master is a generic cream top. 

Yup.  Simply that.  A cream top.  It doesn't necessarily have to be plain - I don't really know what I"m looking for, but I'll know it when I see it. 

And seeing as it's SNOWING - let's have something the same colour. 

Yes, this is one. 

Per Una Notch Neck Long Sleeve Top £29.50 from M&S



Crocus Drape Stitch Blouse from Jigsaw £90



Effortlessly chic at Warehouse. 

Button side collarless blouse exclusively at ASOS £36


And another from Warehouse at ASOS. 

Warehouse Knot Front Blouse £36


Plain silk at The Outnet from Theory.

Button-detailed draped blouse was £275 now £115


Moon River Flute Sleeve Blouse £55


LOVE this one from & Other Stories... 

Ruffle Collar Blouse £59


Subtle detailing again at The Outnet.

Tasseled, lace paneled blouse from Joie was £280 now £140


ASOS Longline Blouse in Dobby Lace Mix £34


LOVE this one for fitting neatly over the top of skirts without the tucking in aspect... probably not a problem to most but if you are *thick of waist*, it's really hard to tuck some stuff in without looking like a weeble.  However this is on the pricey side and it would need something under it (I'm not good at layering).

Metallic striped crinkled chiffon blouse was £390 now £195


More detailing at Mango £19.99




More sleeve action in the sale at ASOS. 

QED London High Neck Sheer Blouse was £36 now £20


But finishing with the classics.  The easy to wear, the no brainers, the throw in with jeans and trainers, skinnies and heels or to work.

ASOS DESIGN Tall V neck blouse £25  


Similar at Warehouse in the sale.

Long sleeve satin mix blouse was £36 now £18


So I will have skirts coming soon to go with the blouses.  Not to mention I have had more requests for work clothes and how to dress for Spring if you don't like colour.  Hopefully this will have been useful for you... I have more up my sleeve, fear not!  I will also be giving loads of ideas of how to breathe new life into things you already have in your wardrobe. 

Finishing with outfits from the last two days which are a day of two huge contrasts. 

Friday - look no jacket... 


Jumper - H&M (sale aw17)
Skirt - LaDoubleJ from Matches (sale aw17)
Trainers - Golden Goose from FarFetch (sale aw17)
Earrings - Zara (current)
Bag - Loewe from Matches (current)

And today - SNOW!  Ok so it wasn't a repeat of the snowmageddon fiasco of a couple of weeks ago but it did mean that the heavy duty Winter boots were out again. 


Jumper - Orwell + Austen (gift current)
Coat - Helene Berman from Anthropologie (aw17)
Boots - Grenson from Collen & Clare (aw17)
Bag - Hill & Friends (gift current)
Hat & gloves - Somerville Scarves (gift current)
Jeans - Zara (sale aw16)

I also finished my ten week running course today IN THE SNOW.  We ran 7km with 5km of that non stop.  


If you had told me at the beginning of the course, when I couldn't run for a minute that I would achieve what we have, I genuinely wouldn't have believed you.  I am so ridiculously proud of myself and my friends.  Here's to a future with running in it (although I am most happy running for around 30 minutes which is probably about 4km.  I'd rather do that more often than a big run once a week.  Watch this space!).

Share this:

CONVERSATION

2 comentarios:

  1. Well done with the running!
    Have you tried Boden, they do ivory tops and blouses every year. There are varying styles, some plain some with more detail. Love the skirt btw, just wondering if you've got a cream cashmere sweater, maybe with rainbow detail, that would look great with the beast from the east rearing its ugly head again?
    Oh and the blue on blue gets the thumbs up from me, especially with your fabulous puzzle bag for a bit of contrast (here's me slightly envious that you've had at least one day warm enough for no coat!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello K. Congrats re the run! I have a knot front crepe blouse from Topshop that you endourced a couple of years ago. Have it in black, white and red. Still the tops I most reach for in my wardrobe despite possibly also being the least expensive items in there! On another note , might you have a Me+EM code on the cards. I've fallen in love with a £300(!) jacket. xd

    ReplyDelete